Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 107.—Petition of Apihai Tango and 107 Others.]

No. 107.—Petition of Apihai Tango and 107 Others.

Petitioners complain that they have been injured by a certain decree of the Validation Court in regard to the Whangara Block. They pray that the matter may be inquired into and readjusted.

I have the honour to report that, having heard the parties interested, the Committee are of opinion that none of the allegations of the petitioners have been substantiated, and they therefore have no recommendation to make, more especially as it was represented to the Committee that if any slight error had been made in fixing the southern boundaries of the leasehold land, Mr. Seymour was quite willing to allow certain concessions to the Natives.

8th October, 1895
page 19

[Translation.]
No. 107.—Pitihana a Apihai Tango me etahi atu kotahi rau e whitu.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kua pa he mate ki a ratou i runga i tetahi Whakataunga a te Kooti Whakapumau Take Tika i mahi ai mo Whangara Poraka. E inoi ana ratou kia uiuia a kia whakatikaina taua mea.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata, i te mea kua rongo te Komiti i nga korero a nga tangata nana tenei pitihana, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti kaore i tika nga whakapae a nga kai-pitihana na reira kaore kau ana kupu, a ko tetahi kua whakaaturia mai ki te Komiti mehemea kei te he te takoto o te rohe whaka-te-tonga o te whenua i riihitia, kei te whakaae a Mr. Seymour ki te tuku atu i etahi tikanga ki nga Maori.

8 o Oketopa, 1895.