Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 234—Petition of Enoka Te Taitu and 31 Others.]

No. 234—Petition of Enoka Te Taitu and 31 Others.

Petitioners complain that the Native owners of the reserves of "tenths" in Wellington are unable to obtain moneys due on the same. They pray for relief.

I have the honour to report that the Committee indorses the recommendation made on a similar petition in 1893, namely: that the matter should be inquired into and adjusted by a Judge of the Native Land Court; and they are of opinion that immediate steps should be taken by the Government to have that recommendation carried into effect.

18th September, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 234.—Pitihana a Enoka Te Taitu me etahu atu e toru tekau ma tahi.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kaore e taea ana e nga Maori no ratou nga rahui whaka-tekau o Poneke te tango o nga moni e tika ana kia utua ki a ratou, e inoi ana ratou kia whakaorangia ratou.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata, kei te tautoko te Komiti i tana whakatau i mahi ai i te tau 1893 mo tetahi pitihana penei ano te ahua, ara: Me uiui tenei putake a me whakatikatika e tetahi o nga Kai-whakawa o te Kooti Whenua Maori, a ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tere tonu te whakahaere tikanga a te Kawanatanga hei whakarite i taua whakatau.

18 o Hepetema, 1895.