Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 691, 1894.—Petition of Merania Kanawhai and 40 Others.]

No. 691, 1894.—Petition of Merania Kanawhai and 40 Others.

Petitioners allege that the sale of the Kakiraawa Block No. 5 was irregular, and that they are left with insufficient land for their support. They pray for investigation and relief.

I have the honour to report that the Committee find there is no evidence to show any irregularity in the transaction referred to. They would, however, recommend that the Government, after due inquiry, set aside a small area of Crown land for the occupation and support of the petitioners.

20th August, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 691, 1894.—Pitihana a Merania Kanawhai me etahi atu e wha tekau.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana i he te hokonga o Kakiraawa Poraka Nama 5, a kua waiho kore whenua ratou hei oranga mo ratou. E inoi ana kia whakawakia taua mea a kia hoatu he ora mo ratou.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata, kua kitea e te Komiti kaore kau he korero i takoto ki to ratou aroaro hei whakaatu i te he o taua hoko kua whakahuatia ake nei, engari e whakaaro ana ratou, ina oti i te Kawanatanga te ata uiui, me wehe atu tetahi wahi whenua iti o te Karauna hei nohoanga hei oranga hoki mo nga kai-pitihana.

20 o Akuhata, 1895.