Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 452, 1894.—Petition of Waata Wiremu Hipango]

No. 452, 1894.—Petition of Waata Wiremu Hipango

Petitioner prays that certain promises to reserve land in the Rangitikei District as reward to the family of his father, who was killed whilst resisting the attack of the Hauhaus on the European settlers in the Wanganui District in 1865, may be carried into effect.

page 10

I have the honour to report that the Committee recommend that the Government should make inquiries into the allegations of the petitioner, and grant such relief as may seem necessary.

20th August, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 452, 1894.—Pitihana a Waata Wiremu Hipango.

E Inoi ana te kai-pitihana, kia whakamana nga kupu i whakaaetia i mua ara, ka rahuitia etahi whenua i te takiwa o Rangitikei hei tohu aroha ki te whanau a tona papa mo te matenga o tona papa i a ia e whawhai ana i nga Hauhau i te haerenga o taua iwi ki te patu i nga Pakeha o te takiwa o Whanganui i te tau 1865.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me uiui e te Kawanatanga nga korero a te kai-pitihana, a me hoatu he ora i runga i tana i kite ai he tika.

20 o Akuhata, 1895.