Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 152.—Petition of Hon. H. K. Taiaroa.]

page 9

No. 152.—Petition of Hon. H. K. Taiaroa.

Petitioner prays that legislation may be passed to relieve him and other Native owners of land from the disabilities caused through the passing of "The Westland and Nelson Native Reserves Act, 1887," and that he may be reimbursed the expenses and losses incurred through the same cause.

I have the honour to report that the Committee recommends that the prayer of the petitioner should be favourably considered by the Government, and that legislation should be introduced this session to give the relief prayed for.

14th August, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 152.—Pitihana a Hon. H. K. Taiaroa.

E Inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia paahitia he ture hei whakaora i a ia me etahi atu Maori whai whenua i nga raruraru kua eke ki runga ki a ratou i te paahitanga o "The Westland and Nelson Native Reserves Act, 1887," a e tono ana kia whakahokia atu ki a ia ana moni kua pau me ana moni kua ngaro i runga i te paahitanga o taua Ture.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me whiriwhiri pai e te Kawanatanga te inoi a te kai-pitihana a me whakauru he pire ki te Whare i tenei huihuinga o te Paremete kia taea ai te hoatu o te ora e inoitia nei.

14 o Akuhata, 1895.