Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 80.—Paraone Ropiha and Another.]

No. 80.—Paraone Ropiha and Another.

Petitioners pray that a reserve may be set aside for them in the Waimarino Block.

I have the honour to report that the Committee recommend that the Government should make inquiry into the case of the petitioners, and, by way of a compassionate allowance, grant such relief as may be considered just to those owners in the Waimarino Block whose names were, through ignorance on the part of the head of their hapu, withheld from the Court at the time of hearing.

7th August, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 80.—Pitihana a Paraone Ropiha me tetahi atu.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaritea he rahui mo raua ki Waimarino Poraka.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me uiui e te Kawanatanga te keehi a nga kai-pitihana, a i runga i te whakaaro aroha, me whakaora tenei mate i runga i tana i mahara ai he mea tika kia mahia mo aua tangata o Waimarino Poraka i mahue nei o ratou ingoa te whakauru, i runga i te kuare o te upoko o to ratou hapu, i te wa i whakawakia ai taua whenua e te Kooti.

7 o Akuhata, 1895.