Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1894.

[No. 54.—Petition of Meiha Keepa te Rangihiwinui (Major Kemp) (No. 1).]

No. 54.—Petition of Meiha Keepa te Rangihiwinui (Major Kemp) (No. 1).

Petitioner prays that legislation may be passed enabling the Native Land Court to further inquire into the trust of the Horowhenua Block No. 11, and to ascertain by its ordinary methods who are the persons beneficially entitled to participate in the subdivision of the block, and in what shares or proportions.

I am directed to report that the Committee is of opinion it should not proceed further with the hearing of this petition, as there is a suit pending in the Supreme Court affecting the matter.

10th August, 1894.
page 5

[Translation. ]
No. 54.—Pitihana a Meihi Keepa te Rangihiwinui (Major Kemp) (No. 1).

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia mahia he Ture kia ahei ai to Kooti Whenua Maori ki te uiui i te tikanga o te tiaki o Horowhenua Nama 11 Poraka, ki te kimi hoki ko wai ma nga tangata e whai paanga ana e whai tikanga ana e tika ana hoki kia uru ki roto ki nga wawahanga o taua whenua, a pehea hoki te nui o te hea o ia tangata o ia tangata o ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ki te whakaaro a te Komiti kaua e haere tonu te uiui a te Komiti i te tikanga o tenei pitihana inaianei, na te mea hoki kei roto i te Hupirimi Kooti tetahi keehi mo taua mea inaianei e takoto ana.

10 Akuhata, 1894.