Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1894.

[No. 225.––Petition of Taekata te Tokoihi and Others.]

No. 225.––Petition of Taekata te Tokoihi and Others.

Petitioners pray for legislation to be passed to enable a rehearing to be made of the subdivision of the Te Utanga No. IX. Block, Rotorua, as they allege the land has been wrongfully awarded to Mrs. Graham.

I am directed to report the Committee is of opinion that, as a lease of the piece of land referred to in the petition was awarded to Mrs. Graham by a private Act of last Parliament, it cannot recommend any action to be taken. The Committee may state, if the petitioners are entitled by succession to the land, they will have their remedy by applying to the Native Land Court to be appointed successors.

10th August, 1894.

[Translation. ]
No. 225.—Pitihana a Taekata te Tokoihi me etahi atu.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia mahia he Ture kia ahei ai te tu he whakawa tuarua mo te wehewehenga o Te Utanga Nama IX. Poraka, Rotorua, e ki ana hoki ratou i he te whakataunga o te whenua ki a Mrs. Graham.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia, ki penei: Ki te whakaaro a tenei Komiti i runga it te mea i whakataua ki a Mrs. Graham he riihi mo te whenua e whakaaturia ana nei i roto i te pitihana, e tetahi Ture motuhake o te Paremete kua pahure ake nei, e kore te Komiti e ahei te whakaputa kupu kia whakahaerea he tikanga. Otiia te kupu a te Komiti mehemea e tika ana kia whai paanga nga kaipitihana ki te whenua i runga i te tikanga tu riiwhi, kei te marama te huarahi hei rapunga ora mo ratou, ara me tono ki te Kooti Whenua Maori kia whakaturia ratou hei kai-riiwhi.

10 Akuhata, 1894.