Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1894.

[No. 150.—Petition of Arapeta Patu, of Kawhia.]

No. 150.—Petition of Arapeta Patu, of Kawhia.

Petitioner prays for legislation to enable a rehearing to be made of a succession order to land known as the Muriwai Block, which he alleges has been wrongfully awarded owing to the suppression of certain facts.

I am directed to report that this Committee is of opinion that the case described by the petitioner calls for attention, and recommends that some provision be made, if not already done, in the Native Land Court Bill at present before the House, to remedy as far as practicable cases of such nature.

8th August, 1894.

[Translation. ]
No. 150.—Pitihana a Arapeta Patu, o Kawhia.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia mahia he Ture kia ahei ai te tu he whakawa tuarua mo te ota whakatu kai-riiwhi ki te whenua e mohiotia ana ko Muriwai Poraka, e ki ana hoki ia i he te whakataunga, no te mea i huna etahi o nga take.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ko te keehi e whakaaturia nei e te kai-pitihana e tika ana kia uiuia, a ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me whakahaere he tikanga, mehemea ia kahore ano kia whakahaerea, i roto i te Pire Kooti Whenua Maori kei te aroaro o te Whare inaianei, hei whakaputa ora mo runga mo nga keehi penei, ina taea te whakatika.

8 Akuhata, 1894.