Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 398.—Petition of Alfred Joshua Thorp.]

No. 398.—Petition of Alfred Joshua Thorp.

Petitioner alleges that he purchased the interests of two of the owners in the Otuturu Block, but, on the death of these persons, successors to them were wrongly appointed, who have sold their shares to the Government, and consequently he has been prevented from getting possession or completing his purchase. He now prays the payments on the said shares be mode to him instead of to the Natives.

I have the honour to report that the Committee recommends that the petition be referred to the Government for inquiry, and if it is found that the allegations contained therein are correct, that he should have favourable consideration and redress.

3rd October, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 398.—Pukapuka inoi a Rawhira Hohua Taapa.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i hokona e ia nga paanga me nga take o nga tangata tokorua i roto i te Otuturu Poraka a i runga i te matenga o aua tangata tokorua whakaturia hetia ana nga kairiwhi page 24ki a raua a hokona ana e aua kairiwhi o raua take ki te Kawanatanga a na konei te take i araia ai te tango inai e ia i taua whenua ki aia me te whakaoti i taua hoko a e inoi ana ia inaianei kia utua ki aia nga utu o aua hea kaua nga Maori. Kua whakahaua ahau ki penei.

E whakaaro ana tenei Komiti me tuku tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia nga tikanga a ki te kitea e tika ana nga korero i roto i te pitihana he mea tika kia ata whiriwhiria nga tikanga ki aia me te tuku i tetahi ora.

3 o Oketopa, 1893.