Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 459.—Petition of Wiremu Kauika.]

No. 459.—Petition of Wiremu Kauika.

Petitioner alleges that the sum of £5,411, being balance of purchase-money of the Kaitangiwhenua Block, was stolen by a Government land-purchase officer, named William Williams. He prays that steps be taken to recover the money, and that in future such men he not employed by the Government.

I have the honour to report that, as the Committee are advised a Royal Commission is to be appointed to investigate the allegations of the petitioner, they have not thought it necessary to inquire into the matter; they, however, recommend that the petition be referred to the Government.

28th September, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 459.—Pukapuka inoi a Wiremu Kauika.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i tahaetia nga moni toenga, hoko o te Kaitangiwhenua Poraka e tetahi Apiha a te Kawanatanga ko tona ingoa ko Wiremu Wiremu a e inoi ana te kai-pitihana ki a whakahaerea tetahi tikanga e riro mai ai aua moni a kia kaua taua tangata e whakahaua e te Kawanatanga a muri ake nei ki te mahi i a ratou mahi.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I runga i te mea kua rongo te Komiti tera e whakaturia tetahi Roira Komihana hei whakawa i nga take e whakapuakina mai ana e te kai-pitihana kihai ratou i whakaaro he mea tika kia uiuia nga tikanga o taua keehi e ratou a kua tono kia tukua tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia nga tikanga.

28 o Hepetema, 1893.