Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 165.—Petition of Hana Pewene.]

page 21

No. 165.—Petition of Hana Pewene.

Petitioner alleges that certain interests in the Huritini Block were conveyed to her by her relative, Moko Hikitanga, whose claims in the block were investigated by the Native Land Court at the expense of the petitioner, and after the investigation the Judge found that the deed of gift was not sanctioned by law. She asserts that if the Judge had at once told her that the deed was illegal, she would not have been put to the expense of this investigation.

The Committee are of opinion that the Government might fairly consider whether the fees of the Court regarding Moko's claim should not be returned to her.

27th September, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 165.—Pukapuka inoi a Hana Pewene.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i tukia mai ki aia etona huanga e Moko Hikitanga tona paanga ki te Hurutini Poraka a i whakawakia ano hoki nga take a Moko Hikitanga e te Kooti Whenua Maori a nana na Hana Pewene i utu i nga moni mo te whakawakanga a kitea ana e te Kooti kihai i tika i runga i te Ture te Tiiti tuku i runga i te tuku noa a e ki ana a Hana Pewene mehemea i kiia mai e te Tiati i te tuatahi e he ana taua Tiiti i runga i te ture kua kore e pau ana moni i te whakawakanga. Na e whakaaro ana te Komiti he mea tika kia ata whiriwhiria e te Kawanatanga mehemea kahore e tika kia whakahokia ki a Hana Pewene ana moni i utua ki te Kooti i runga i te whakawakanga o taua whenua.

27 o Hepetema, 1893.