Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 385.—Petition of Pouwharetapu Tuirirangi.]

No. 385.—Petition of Pouwharetapu Tuirirangi.

Petitioner alleges that, owing to errors made in the survey of the Aotea Manuaitu Block, his tribe has lost a large portion of their land, and he prays that the matter may be inquired into and properly adjusted.

I have the honour to report that the Committee finds there seems to have been some doubt as to the correct boundary-line of the block in question; they therefore recommend that the Government should instruct Mr. Bush, Resident Magistrate, who is conversant with the case, to make full inquiries, in order that the matter may be fairly adjusted.

27th September, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 385.—Pukapuka inoi a Pouwharetapu Tuirirangi.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana kua riro te nuinga o te whenua o to ratou iwi i runga i te he o nga ruri o te Aotea Manuaitu Poraka a e inoi ana ia kia uiuia nga tikanga o taua ruri kia tau tika ai.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kua marama ki tenei Komiti kei te ruarua te whakaaro mehemea e tika ana nga rohe o te whenua e korerotia nei, heoi e tono ana tenei Komiti i te Kawanatanga kia tonoa a te Puihi Kaiwhakawa Tuturu kia tino uiuia nga tikanga o taua whenua kia tino tau tika ai.

27 o Hepetema, 1893.