Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 177.—Petition of Pirihana Tungia and 10 Others.]

No. 177.—Petition of Pirihana Tungia and 10 Others.

Petitioners pray that the Government may be prevented from taking possession of the Takapuahia Block, Porirua District.

I have the honour to report as follows:—
1. That the Committee have considered the petition, and find that the petitioners have no other land than that in the block mentioned.
2. That the petitioners have been misinformed as to the intention of the Lunacy Department, for it is not desired to take the land without the consent of the Natives.

The Committee therefore suggest that the petition be referred to the Government.

11th August, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 177.—Pukapuka inoi a Pirihana Tungia me etahi atu 10.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia araia te Kawanatanga kei tango i te Takapuahia Poraka Takiwa o Porirua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—
1. Kua whiriwhiria te pitihana e te Komiti a kua kitea kahore he whenua ke a nga kai-pitihana i waho atu o te poraka e whakahuatia nei.
2. Kihai i tika nga korero i korerotia ki nga kai-pitihana mo runga i nga tikanga o te Ture Whakahaere Mahi mo nga porangi kahore hoki e hiahiatia kia tangohia te whenua ki te mea kahore e whakaae nga Maori no reira kua whakaaro te Komiti me tuku tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga.
11 o Akuhata, 1893.