Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1891, No. 2.

[No. 383, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Hoani Meihana and Others.]

No. 383, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Hoani Meihana and Others.

Petitioners allege that the Crown has taken possession of 7,625 acres in excess of the area intended when the Pahiatua Block was purchased. They pray for compensation or other relief.

I am directed to report that, as the Government have received an area of land largely in excess of the 125,000 acres mentioned in the deed of conveyance in connection with the purchase of the blocks of land known as the Wairarapa end of the Seventy-mile Bush, as agreed upon by petitioners, this Committee is of opinion that the above petition should be referred to the Government, with the recommendation that the petitioners should be paid at the rate of 10s. per acre for the 7,625 acres said by them to be the excess.

28th August, 1891.

[Translation.]
No. 383, 1891, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hoani Meihana me etahi atu.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana kua tangohia e te Kawanatanga nga eka e 7,625 i runga ake o nga eka i meatia kia tangohia i te hokonga o te Pahiatua Poraka, a e inoi ana ratou ki tetahi ora.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I te mea kua neke ake i te 125,000 nga eka i riro mai i te Kawanatanga e whakahuatia ana i roto i tetahi Titi Tuku i runga i te hokonga o te poraka whenua e mohiotia ana ko te pito whakamutunga mai i Wairarapa a e mohiotia ana hoki ko te Seventy-mile Bush pera ano me te whakaaetanga a nga kai-pitihana. Heoi e whakaaro ana tenei Komiti me tuku tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga me te tono kia utua ki nga kai-pitihana kia tekau hereni i te eka mo taua 7,625 eka e kiia nei e nga kai-pitihana i neke ake i nga eka i hokona.

28 o Akuhata, 1891.