Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1891, No. 2.

[No. 130, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Inuwaitai De Thierry. (Report No. 2.)]

No. 130, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Inuwaitai De Thierry. (Report No. 2.)

Petitioner prays that she may be allowed to have control of her land at Taranaki in order that she may deal with it to greater advantage to herself and family.

I am directed to report as follows: That, so far as Mrs. de Thierry is concerned, she ought to be competent to deal with her own land and collect her own rents. The Committee therefore recommend that the restrictions should be removed, and, if found necessary, that legislation be passed in order that the prayer of petitioner may be satisfied.

21st August, 1891.

[Translation.]
No. 130, 1891, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Inuwaitai Ti Tere. (Ripoata Nama 2.)

E Inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia tukuna atu ki aia te whakahaere o tona whenua i Taranaki kia nui ake ai tona ora me tona whanau.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Mo runga i te taha ki te wahine a Titere e whakaarohia ana he wahine ia e ahei ana te whakahaere i tona whenua me te tango i nga moni reti no reira ka tono te Komiti kia unuhia nga here a ki te mea e kitea ana he mea tika kia hanga me hanga he ture hei whakamana i te inoi a te kai-pitihana.

21 o Akuhata, 1891.