Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1891, No. 2.

[No. 87, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Merehira Paerau.]

No. 87, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Merehira Paerau.

Petitioner complains that an injustice has been done in allotting her only 180 acres of the Rau-katawa Block, at Wangaehu, and prays that inquiry may be made, with a view to readjustment.

I am directed to report as follows: The Committee is of opinion that the land should not have been brought under the provisions of the Equitable Owners Act of 1886, and that the Government should be requested to make inquiries into the case, and if it is considered the petitioner has suffered an injustice, to take such action as will afford speedy relief.

13th August, 1891.

[Translation.]
No. 87 1891, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Merehira Paerau.

E Whai kupu ana te kai-pitihana mo tetahi he i tau ki runga i aia no te mea 180 anake nga eka i whakataua mana i roto i te Raukatawa Poraka i Wangaehu a e inoi ana ia kia uiuia nga tikanga kia ahei te whakatika i taua he.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E whakaaro ana tenei Komiti kahorei i tika te tukunga mai o taua whenua ki raro i nga tikanga o te Ture Whakapumau Take Tika 1886 erangi me tono i te Kawanatanga kia uiuia nga tikanga o taua keehi a mehemea kua tau he mate ki runga i te kai-piti-hana, me whakakaere tetahi tikanga kia hohoro ai te tuku i tetahi ora ki te kai-pitihana.

13 o Akuhata, 1891.