Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1891, No. 2.

[No. 544, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Kingi Herekiekie and Others (No. 2).]

No. 544, 1891, Sess. II.—Petition of Kingi Herekiekie and Others (No. 2).

Petitioners set forth their troubles in connection with a block of land called Pukawa, situated within the external boundary of the Tauponuiatia Block, and pray for relief.

I am directed to report that the Committee is of opinion that the Government should institute inquiries into the whole question of the Tauponuiatia Block, and if it is found that the merits of the cases warrant such a course, a special Commission should be appointed. This, the Committee think, would be the best mode of finally settling all the difficulties in connection with the block in question.

21st September, 1891.

[Translation.]
No. 544, 1891, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Kingi Herekiekie me etahi atu (No. 2).

E Whakahua ana nga kai-pitihana i o ratou raruraru mo runga i te tahi poraka whenua e mohiotia nei ko Pukawa te ingoa e takoto ana i roto i te rohe potae o te Tauponuiatia Poraka, a e inoi ana ratou ki tetahi ora.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E whakaaro ana tenei Komiti me uiui e te Kawanatanga nga take katoa mo runga i te Tauponuiatia Poraka a ki te kitea he tika aua raruraru me whakatu i tetahi Komihana. E whakaaro ana hoki tenei Komiti ko te huarahi tika tenei hei tino whakaoti i aua raruraru mo runga i tenei Poraka.

21 o Hepetema, 1891.