Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1889.

[No. 135, 1889. —Petition of Horomona Paatu.]

No. 135, 1889. —Petition of Horomona Paatu.

Petitioner complains that through the action of Mr. Commissioner Mackay his lands have been awarded to the people who had no right to them. He now prays that a Land Court may be held at Riverton to compel the people holding his land to prove the title.

I am directed to report as follows: That the Committee wish to call the attention of the Government to the fact that a similar petition was reported upon on the 22nd November, 1887. It seems nothing has been done to satisfy the petitioner. The Committee desire to express regret at this, and again refer the subject to the Government for immediate action.

21st August, 1889.

[Translation.]
No. 135, 1889. —Pukapuka-inoi a Horomona Paatu.

E Whai kupu ana te kai-pitihana e ki ana kua whakataua ketia ana whenua ki te iwi ke, ki te iwi kihai nei i whai take ki aua whenua, i runga i nga mahi a te Make, a e inoi ana ia inaianei kia whakaturia tetahi Kooti ki Aparima kia whakaatu mai ai nga tangata e noho ana i runga i aua whenua ki a ratou take ki aua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E hiahia ana te Komiti ki te whakaatu ki te Kawanatanga i tukua ano ta ratou ripoata mo runga i tetahi pitihana penei te ahua i te 22 o nga ra o Nowema, 1887, a whakaarohia ana e te Komiti kahore ano i whakaeangia e te Kawanatanga te mate o te kai-pitihana me to ratou pouri mo tenei. A ka tono ano i te Kawanatanga kia tere te whakarite i tenei take.

21 o Akuhata, 1889.