Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1889.

[No. 128, 1889. —Petition of Nikora Tautau and 21 Others.]

No. 128, 1889. —Petition of Nikora Tautau and 21 Others.

Petitioners pray that a rehearing of their land called Kaiaua may be granted, for the reason set forth in their petition.

I am directed to report as follows: That, as serious allegations are made in this petition charging the Native Land Court which investigated the title to the Kaiaua Block, in the Tolago Bay district, of gross unfairness, this petition be referred to the Government, to make the fullest inquiries thereupon. The Committee would recommend that, as the Native Land Court is at present sitting in that district, and the parties interested are before it, the Chief Judge be asked to instruct the Judge sitting at Tolago Bay to examine them and report forthwith.

16th July, 1889.

[Translation.]
No. 128, 1889. —Pnkapuka-inoi a Nikora Tautau me etahi atu e 21.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kai whakaaetia he whakawa tuarua mo to ratou whenua ko Kaiaua te ingoa i runga i nga take e mau ana i roto i te pitihana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: No te mea e ahua taimaha ana nga kupu i roto i te pitihana mo te Kooti Whenua Maori nana nei i whakawa nga take mo te Kaiaua Poraka i Uawa me tuku tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia tino whiriwhiria aua take katoa, a. i te mea e noho mai nei te Kooti Whenua Maori i taua takiwa me nga tangata whai take. E tono ana te Komiti i te Kawanatanga kia whakahaua te Tiati e noho mai nei i te Kooti i Uawa kia whakawakia ana take whakapae mo te Kooti nana i whakawa taua poraka me te tuku mai i te ripoata mo runga i taua whakawa.

10 o Hurae, 1889.