Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 219.—Potition of Henare Tahau and 15 Others, (Report No. 1.)]

No. 219.—Potition of Henare Tahau and 15 Others, (Report No. 1.)

Petitioners, who are owners of a block of land called Okirae, state that they leased the land to two Europeans named Charles Cameron and Temetene; they sold the lease to Joseph Abbott, who now says that they sold the land to him, which they deny. They pray for inquiry.

I am directed to report as follows: That, as the matter has been fully inquired into by Mr. Ward, as Trust Commissioner, and the Government are having his recommendation—which appears to meet the justice of the case—carried out, the Committee have no recommendation to make.

27th June, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 209.—Pukapuka-inoi a Henare Tahau me etahi atn 15.

Ko nga kai-pitihana e whai take nei ki tetahi poraka whenua e karangatia nei ko Okirae, e ki ana i riihitia taua whenua ki nga pakeha tokorua ko o raua ingoa ko Hare Kamarana me Temetene, na raua i hoko te riibi o taua whenua kia Hohepa Apata kua ki nei ia i muri nei na ratou i hoko te whenua ki aia, e whakahe ana nga kai-pitihana. E inoi ana ratou kia whiriwhiria tenei take.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: No te mea kua oti tenei take te whiriwhiria e Komihana Waari me te tuku mai hoki i ana whakaaro ki te Kawanatanga, kua kitea he huarahi tika tana i whakahaere ai hei whakaoti i taua keehi. Heoi kahore he kupu a te Komiti.

27 o Hune; 1888