Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 209—Petition of Inia Tuhata and 4 Others.]

No. 209—Petition of Inia Tuhata and 4 Others.

Petitioners pray that an inquiry may be made into the title of the whole Ngarara Block, and that their claims to a subdivision may be ordered to be reheard by the Native Land Court.

I am directed to report as follows: That this being another petition for rehearing after the decision of the Chief Judge of the Native Land Court to the contrary, the Committee, without expressing any opinion as to the alleged grievances of the petitioners, consider that some general legislation should be introduced this session by the Government dealing with appeals from decisions in respect of rehearings. In this case the Committee recommends the Government to make careful inquiry into the allegations of the petition.

26th June, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 209. —Pukapuka-inoi a Inia Tuhata me etahi atu tokowha.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whiriwhiria katoatia nga take ki te Ngarara Poraka a me tuku tetahi tono whakawa tuarua mo nga wehewehenga o taua poraka.

page 15

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: No te mea ko tetahi ano tenei o nga pitihana tono whakawa tuarua a i te mea kua whakahengia taua tono e te Tumuaki o nga Kawhakawa o te Kooti whenua Maori, kua mea te Komiti i runga i te mea kahore ano kia puta he whakaaro mo nga mate e kiia nei, kia hanga tetahi Ture i tend Paremete e te Kawanatanga hei whakawa i nga whakataunga a te Kooti whenua Maori e whakahengia ana, a ko tenei kua tono te Komiti i te Kawanatanga kia ata whiriwhiria nga take o tenei pitihana.

26 o Hune, 1888