Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 161, Sess. I., 1887.—Petition of Winiata Kaihote and 18 Others.]

No. 161, Sess. I., 1887.—Petition of Winiata Kaihote and 18 Others.

Petitioners state that they have suffered wrong through the list of names in connection with a certain block of land (Ohuia Block, Te Wairoa) not being read over in the Land Court; that Judge Heale advised them, under the circumstances, to apply for a rehearing; that the application for a rehearing was unsuccessful. They therefore pray that Parliament will be pleased to consider their case.

I am directed to report as follows: That the petition is simply an appeal against a decision of the Native Land Court given several years ago. The Committee has therefore no recommendation to make.

21st June, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 161, Sess. I., 1887.—Pukapuka-inoi a Winiata Kaihote me etahi atu e 18.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana kua tau tetahi mate ki runga i a ratou i runga i te mea kihai i korerotia te rarangi ingoa o nga tangata i roto i te Kooti mo runga i te Ohuia Poraka i te Wairoa. A i runga i taua mate ka ki mai a Tiati Hiira me tono ratou kia whakawakia tuaruatia, heoi kihai i whakaaetia taua tono. E inoi ana ratou inaianei kia whiriwhiria ta ratou keehi.

page 14

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: He tono kau ta nga kai-pitihana i runga i tetahi whakataunga a te Kooti Whenua Maori i te mea kua maha nga tau kua pahure i muri iho no reira kahore he kupu a te Komiti.

21 o Hune, 1888