Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 11.—Petition of Reta Ururoa.]

No. 11.—Petition of Reta Ururoa.

Petitioner states that she is the rightful owner of certain land at Waiuku sometime since confiscated and then sold by the Government without her knowledge. She does not ask for the return of the land, but that some provision may be made for herself and family.

I am directed to report as follows: That the Government be requested to inquire in to the merits of the petition, and grant such relief as they consider the petitioner is entitled to.

15th June, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 11.—Pukapuka-inoi a Reta Ururoa.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana ko ia te wahine whai take ki etahi whenua i Waiuku i raupatutia i mua a i muri iho ka hokona e te Kawanatanga i te mea kahore ia i mohio. E hara tana i te tono kia whakahokia mai aua whenua erangi kia tukuna mai tetahi tikauga her oranga mona me ana tamariki.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Me tono te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria e ratou nga take a te kai-pitihana me te tuku i tetahi ora i kite ai ratou he tika ki a riro i to kai-pitihana.

15 o Hune, 1888