Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[No. 138, Sess. II.—Petition of Ngarangi Katitia and 26 Others.]

No. 138, Sess. II.—Petition of Ngarangi Katitia and 26 Others.

Petitioners complain of the way their leasehold land is dealt with by the Government, and pray that the Act may be so amended that they may receive their rents direct from the leaseholder, and that they may occupy the land as soon as the leases run out.

I am directed to report as follows: That, as the Government are introducing a Bill this session dealing with this matter, the Committee recommends the petition be referred to them for consideration.

1st December, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 138, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Ngarangi Katitia me etahi atu e 26.

E whai kupu ana nga kai-pitihana mo te whakahaere a te Kawanatanga i a ratou whenua riihi a e inoi ana kia whakatikatikaia te Ture kia ahei ai ratou te tango mai i a ratou moni o nga reti i nga kai riihi, a kia hoki mai te whenua kia ratou ina mutu nga riihi.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: No te mea e tukuna mai ana e te Kawanatanga tetahi Pire hei whakahaere i tenei take e tono ana to Komiti kia tukuna tenei petihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria e ratou.

1 o Tihema, 1887.