Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[Nos. 128 and 129 Sess. 1.—Petitions of Hori te Aunoanoa and 77 Others, and Peneamine Waipapa and 74 Others.]

Nos. 128 and 129 Sess. 1.—Petitions of Hori te Aunoanoa and 77 Others, and Peneamine Waipapa and 74 Others.

Petitioners state that they own a block of land called Waipiro, and which was awarded to them by the Native Land Court, but at a rehearing of the Court 10,000 acres of the block were wrongly awarded to other Natives. They now pray that a third hearing may take place to finally decide who are the rightful owners of the land in question.

I am directed to report as follows: That, as there seems to be such a wide difference between the original judgment of the Native Land Court in the Waipiro Block and its judgment in the rehearing thereof, and after viewing the viewing the evidence which has been submitted, the Committee consider the application for a further hearing a reasonable one, and recommend that it should be granted, so that the disputed question of the ownership of such a valuable block of land may be entirely set at rest.

29th November, 1887.

[Translation.]
Nos. 128 me 129, Sess. I.—Pukapuka-inoi a. Hori te Aunoanoa me etahi atu e 77, me Peneamine Waipapa me etahi atu e 74.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana e whai take ana ratou ki tetahi poraka whenua e karangatia ana ko Waipiro te ingoa a i whakataua ki a ratou e te Kooti Whenua Maori, no muri iho ka whakawakia tuaruatia taua whenua a whakataua hetia ana tetahi wahi o taua poraka kotahi te kau mano eka ki etahi atu Maori, e inoi ana ratou inaianei kia whakawakia tuatorutia kia mohiotia ai ko wai nga tangata tika ki taua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I runga i te rereketanga o te whakataunga tuatahi i te whakataunga tuarua a te Kooti Whenua Maori i Waipiro Poraka a i runga i te whiriwhiringa o nga korero i korerotia ki te Komiti, kua whakaaro te Komiti he tono tika te tono a nga kai-pitihana e tono nei kia whakawakia ano taua whenua a e tono ana kia whakaaetia taua tono kia ahei ai te tino whakatau ki nga tangata tino whai take ki taua whenua me te whakaoti i tenei raruraru.

29 o Nowema, 1887.