Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[No. 304, Sess. II.—Petition of Jane Brown.]

No. 304, Sess. II.—Petition of Jane Brown.

Petitioner, who is a half-caste, had 500 acres of land granted to herself and her sister with restrictions against alienation. She prays that those restrictions may be removed so that she may deal with the land as she thinks proper.

I am directed to report as follows: That, so far as Mrs. Brown and her sister are concerned, the restriction making their land inalienable appears unnecessary and inequitable, and the Committee would recommend the Government to withdraw it.

29th November, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 304, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Heini Paraone.

Ko Te kai-pitihana he hawhe-kaihe e ki ana i karaatitia ki aia me tona tuahine nga eka e 500 erangi i whakaekea he here ki runga. E inoi ana ia kia unuhia aua here kia ahei ai ia te whakahaere i te whenua i runga i tana hiahia i pai ai ia.

page 6

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I runga i te whakaaro kia Mrs. Paraone me tona teina i runga i te herenga o to raua whenua e whakaarohia ana kahore he take e mau tonu ai taua here no reira e tono ana te Komiti i te Kawanatanga kia unuhia aua here.

29 o Nowema, 1887.