Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 1

[No. 58.—Petition of Karanama te Whakaheke.]

No. 58.—Petition of Karanama te Whakaheke.

Petitioner states that a block of land called Whaiti-Kuranui No. 2d was wrongly awarded by the Native Land Court to Hemi Ranapiri and others. He prays that a rehearing may take place, as he is the rightful owner of the land in question.

I am directed to report as follows: That, the Chief Judge of the Native Land Court having refused a rehearing, and the Committee having no power in the matter, it is recommended that the Government take once more into its consideration the question of rehearings. There seems to have been some hardship in this case.

19th May, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 58.—Pukapuka-inoi a Karanama Te Whakaheke.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana i whakataua hetia tera poraka whenua e karangatia nei ko Whaiti-Kuranui No, 2D kia Hemi Ranapiri me etahi atu e te Kooti Whenua Maori. E inoi ana ia kia whakawakia tuaruatia notemea ko ia te tangata whai take tika ki taua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Notemea kua kore o whakaaetia e te Tumuaki o te Kooti Whenua Maori he whakawa tuarua, a i runga hoki i te mana kore o te Komiti ki te whakahaere i taua mea, e tonoa ana te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria ano taua tono whakawa tuarua e whakaarohia ana hoki he mate ano kei roto i tenei keehi.

19 o Mei, 1887.