Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 1

[No. 143.—Petition of Te Korowhiti Tuataka (Douglas).]

No. 143.—Petition of Te Korowhiti Tuataka (Douglas).

Petitioner states that her name has been wrongfully omitted from a certain Crown grant, and that her cousin's name has been inserted instead. She states she has petitioned the House for some years past, but has received no relief. She again prays that her wrongs may be redressed.

I am directed to report as follows: That it is on evidence that the Crown Law Officers say that nothing can be done except in a Court of law. It is recommended that the Government should consider whether it could assist, or give facilities to have the case tried at law.

7th June, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 143.—Pukapuka-inoi a Korowhiti Tuataka (Douglas).

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana i kapea hetia tona ingoa i roto i tetahi Karauna karati, a whakaurua ana ko te ingoa o tana tungane keke E ki ana ia ka maha ana pitihana tanga i te Whare Paremete heoi kore kauake tetahi ora i puta ki aia. A ka inoi nei ano ia kia whakaorangia tona mate.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kua puta enei korero i te Apiha o te Tari Karauna, ekore e ahei te mea i tetahi mea erangi ma tetahi kooti o te Ture e mahi, E tonoa ana te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria mehemea e kore ratou e ahei te awhina te whakangawari ranei i tetahi tikanga kia whakahaerengia ai taua keehi ia roto i tetahi kooti.

7 o Hune, 1887.