Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 1

[No. 3.—Petition of Hemi Mohi and 173 Others.]

No. 3.—Petition of Hemi Mohi and 173 Others.

Petitioners pray that inquiry may be made into the sale of the Tamahere-Tauwhare Block, and if it be found that the petitioners have suffered thereby relief may be afforded them.

I am directed to report as follows: That the honourable member in charge of this petition requests that the consideration may be postponed till next session, to give the petitioners an opportunity of having the action of the Government and the legal bearings of the case explained to them by him, and thus perhaps save them the expense of prosecuting a very slender claim (if any). The Committee recommends this course.

1st June, 1887.
page 6

[Translation.]
No. 3.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hemi Mohi me etahi atu 173.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaarahia tetahi korero mo te hoko o Te Tamahere-Tauwhare Poraka a ki te mea ka kitea i pa tetahi mate ki te kai-pitihana me whakaputa tetahi ora ki aia.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kua mea te mema e tiaki ana i tenei pitihana kia unuhia mo a tera Paremete ka whriwhiri ai, kia whai taima ai te kai-pitihana ki te whakamarama kia ratou i nga mahi a te Kawanatanga me nga whakahaere a te Ture mo runga i tenei keehi, kei moumou kau nga moni i te whakahaerenga o tetahi take huhuakore (ara) ki te mea tera he take. Ko te huarahi tenei i whakaarohia e te Komiti.

1 o Hune, 1887.