Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 1

[No. 20.—Petition of Paiura te Rangikatatu and 6 Others.]

No. 20.—Petition of Paiura te Rangikatatu and 6 Others.

Petitioners, who belong to Waitara, Taranaki, pray that they may be reinstated in the Turangi No. 4 Reserve, which was reserved to them by Sir Donald MeLean, and that George Stockman (Hori Taakimana), who now occupies it, may be removed and placed upon No. 5, his own land.

I am directed to report as follows: That this relates to the West Coast Commission awards. One of the petitioners in evidence states that he believes certain alleged wills are forgeries. A Land Court is now sitting to adjust claims; and the Committee would recommend that Government should send a copy of the petition, and of this report, to the Court for such consideration as may seem meet.

27th May, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 20.—Pukapuka-inoi a Paiura te Rangikatatu me etahi atu toko ono.

Ko te kai-pitihana ko tona kainga nei kei Waitara, Taranaki, e inoi ana kia whakataua ano ratou ki runga i te Turangi Nama 4 rahui, i rahuitia nei ma ratou e Ta Tanara Makarini, a ko Hori Takimana (George Stockman) e noho nei i runga i tana whenua me hiki atu ki runga i te Nama 5, ki tona whenua ano.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E aru atu ana nga take o tenei inoi ki nga whakataunga a nga Komihana o te Tai Hauauru. E ki ana tetahi o nga kai-pitihana ki tana mohio ko etahi o nga Wira e korerotia nei he mea tahae. Na kei te noho tetahi Kooti Whenua inaianei hei whakahaere hei whakatau i etahi take, a e tono ana te Komiti kia tukuna e te Kawanatanga tetahi kape o te pitihana me tetahi kape o tenei ripoata ki te Kooti hei whiriwhiri i runga i ta ratou i kite ai he tika.

27 o Mei, 1887.