Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 279.—Petition of Tini Kerei Taiaroa.]

No. 279.—Petition of Tini Kerei Taiaroa.

Petitioner states that a block of land at Kaiapoi, containing five hundred acres, was set apart by Mr. Mantell as a reserve for the Moeraki Natives; and that, when the land passed the Native Land Court, her own and her sisters' names were omitted from the certificate, although they were entitled to a share in that land. She prays that some means may be devised whereby she and her sisters may be made shareholders of the land.

I am directed to report as follows: That this petition should be referred to the Government for inquiry.

16th September, 1885.

[Translation.]
No. 279.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tini Kerei Taiaroa.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i wehea e te Matera tetahi Poraka whenua e 500 eka hei whenua Rahui mo nga Maori o Moeraki, a i te pahitanga o tana whenua a te Kooti Whenua Maori kihai i whakaurua tona ingoa me ona tuahine ki roto ki te tiwhikete he tika ano hoki kia uru o ratou ingoa ki taua whenua. E inoi ana ia kia kimihia tetahi huarahi e uru ai ia me ona tuahine ki taua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ko tenei pitihana me tuku ki te Kawanatanga kia pataia e ratou nga tikanga.

16 o Hepetema, 1885.