Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 287.—Petition of Nui Hare and Others.]

No. 287.—Petition of Nui Hare and Others.

Petitioners, who live at Hokianga, complain that the Government have appropriated a block of their land which has not yet passed the Court. They pray that the documents in reference to the land in question may be sent to them for perusal, and the land returned to them.

I am directed to report as follows: That this Committee recommend that the Government explain to the petitioners all the facts connected with the sale of the land, giving names of the Natives and hapus who sold it.

10th September, 1885.

[Translation.]
No. 287.—Pukapuka-inoi a Nui Hare me etahi atu.

Ko te kai-pitihana e noho mai nei i Hokianga e mea ana kua tangohia e te Kawanatanga te tahi whenua kahore ano kia paahi i te Kooti. E inoi ana ratou kia tukuna atu nga pukapuka o taua whenua kia ratou hei tiro hanga ma ratou me te whenua me whakahoki kia ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E tono ana tenei Komiti ki te Kawanatanga kia whakamaramatia ki te kai-pitihana nga take katoa e pa ana ki te hokonga o taua whenua me te tuku atu i nga ingoa o nga Maori me nga hapu nana i hoko.

10 o Hepetema, 1885.