Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 99.—Petition of Hori Kerei Taiaroa.]

No. 99.—Petition of Hori Kerei Taiaroa.

Petitioner prays that the sum of £400, interest on £4,000 lodged in the Bank of New Zealand by certain trustees, and which interest the then Native Minister (Mr. Bryce) stated belonged to the Government, may be paid to the trustees, together with accrued interest during the past five years.

I am directed to report as follows: That the Committee finds that this is a petition twice reported upon (in 1880 and 1881) after full investigation. The Committee has no recommendation to make.

25th August, 1885.
page 18

[Translation.]
No. 99.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hori Kerei Taiaroa.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana ko nga moni e wha rau inatareti i tukua ki te Peke o Nui Tireni e etahi kai Tiaki a ko aua inatareti i kia e te Minita Maori o taua wa e te (Paraihe) na te Kawanatanga a ka ahei kia utua ki te Kai-Tiaki me nga inatareti hoki i roto i nga tau e rima kua pahure ake nei.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kua kitea e te Komiti ka rua nga ripoata tanga o tenei pitihana i roto i nga tau 1880 me te 1881 a i tino whakahaerea e ratou inaianei, me te ratou ki, kahore o ratou kupu mo runga i tenei tono.

25 o Akuhata, 1885.