Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 246.—Petition of Buruhura Karena.]

No. 246.—Petition of Buruhura Karena.

Petitioner alleges that when Mr. James Booth, District Commissioner, purchased a block of land (on behalf of the Government) called Paradise, he promised that a reserve of fifty acres should be given to the vendors; but the only land returned to them was five acres. She prays that an inquiry may be made into the matter.

I am directed to report as follows: That there are circumstances connected with this case which would warrant a more careful examination by the Government, and the Committee recommends this course.

18th August, 1885.

[Translation.]
No. 246.—Pukapuka-inoi a Ruruhura Karena.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i te hokonga a Hemi Putu Komihana Takiwa i tetahi Poraka whenua e Karangatia nei ko Pararaihe ma te Kawanatanga i mea ia ka hoatu kia Rimatekau eka ma te tangata nana i hoko, otira heoi te whenna i whakahokia ki aia e rima eka. E inoi ana ia kia pataia tau mea.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Tera etahi take i roto i tenei keehi me ata titiro marire e te Kawanatanga ko te huarahi tenei e tonoa nei e tenei Komiti.

18 o Akuhata, 1885.