Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[Nos. 427, 129, 212, and 168, Sess. II., 1884; No. 150.—Petitions of Parete Rirituku and Others, Kingi Hakopa te Mahauariki and Others, Teira Taipu and Others, Niramoni Pini; Atareta Ruru and Others.]

page 12

Nos. 427, 129, 212, and 168, Sess. II., 1884; No. 150.—Petitions of Parete Rirituku and Others, Kingi Hakopa te Mahauariki and Others, Teira Taipu and Others, Niramoni Pini; Atareta Ruru and Others.

Petitioners pray that rehearings may be granted by the Native Land Court for the different blocks of land mentioned in their petitions. They give various reasons why their request should be granted.

I am directed to report as follows: (1.) That, in accordance with the terms of their report of the 17th October, 1884, the Committee cannot see their way to adjudicate upon petitions for rehearing cases which have been already dealt with according to law. (2.) That, with regard to the charge of bribery made against the Assessor who sat on the Maungatautari case, the Committee desire to call the attention of the Government to the same, with the view, if the allegations are proved, to have punishment meted out to him.

28th July, 1885.

[Translation.]
Nos. 427, 129, 212, 168, Sess. II., 1884; No. 150.—Nga Pukapuka-inoi a Parete Rirituku me etahi atu, Kingi Hakopa te Mahauariki me etahi atu, Teira Taipu me etahi atu, Niramoni Pini; Atareta Ruru me etahi atu.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaaetia nga tono whakawa tuarua e te Kooti Whenua Maori mo nga poraka whenua e whakaaturia ana i roto i a ratou pitihana he maha nga take i whakaputaina e ratou i mea ai ratou kia whakamana a ratou tono.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: (1.) I runga i te whakahaerenga o nga tikanga o ta ratou ripoata o te 17 o nga ra o Oketopa, 1884, kahore e kitea e te Komiti tetahi huarahi e whakawa ai ratou i runga i nga pitihana tono whakawa tuarua kua oti noa ake nei te whakatau e te Ture. (2.) Na mo runga i te take whakapae ki te Ateha i noho nei ki te whakawa i te Maungatautari Poraka e hiahia ana te Komiti ki te tono i te Kawanatanga kia tirohia taua mea, ko te take, mehemea e tika ana aua whakapae me whakarite tetahi whiu mona.

28 o Hurae, 1885.