Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1884, No. 2.

[Nos. 65 and 47, Sess. I.—Mohi te Rangituatia and 45 Others, Rewi Maniapoto and Others.]

Nos. 65 and 47, Sess. I.—Mohi te Rangituatia and 45 Others, Rewi Maniapoto and Others.

Petitioners pray that a Bill proposed to be introduced by the Government, having for its object governmental control over their lands, may not be passed into law, as they wish to have the management of those lands left in their own hands.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, as there is no Bill before the House upon the matter referred to, the Committee has no recommendation to make.

16th September, 1884.

[Translation.]Nos. 65 me 47, Sess. I.—Pukapuka-inoi a Mohi te Rangituatia me etahi atu e 45, me Rewi Maniapoto me etahi atu.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia kaua e pahiatia te pire hei Ture e kia nei ka tukua mai e te kawanatanga hei whakahaere i a ratou tikanga ki runga i nga whenua o nga kai pitihana: E hiahia ana hoki nga kai pitihana ma ratou ano e whakahaere i a ratou whenua kua mahue nei ki o ratou ringaringa.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

No te mea kahore he pire i te aroaro o te whare penei me tenei e korerotia nei, kua kore he kupu ma te Komiti.

16 Hepetema, 1884.