Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1884, No. 2.

[No. 11, Sess. II.—Petition of Amiria Tainui.]

No. 11, Sess. II.—Petition of Amiria Tainui.

Petitioner prays that her name may be included in one or other of the two reserves at Kaiapoi, called Waitutere and Tawiti, In 1860 the reserves were cut up in such a way as to exclude the petitioner from partaking in the division. In 1868 a Court was held at Otautahi, when she was excluded from the reserves awarded by that Court for the Maoris at Tawera and Orahaki. In 1883 she wrote to the Commissioner of Lands, asking that her name might be included in the reserves, but he took no notice of her letter.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, having heard the evidence of Mr. Mackay, the Committee has no recommendation to make.

28th October, 1884.

[Translation.]
No. 11, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Amiria Tainui.

E Inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia whakaurua tona ingoa ki roto i tetahi o nga rahui i Kaiapoi e karangatia nei ko Waitutere ko Tawiti. I te tau 1860 ka roherohea nga Rahui i runga i tetahi huarahi heoi kihai te kai-pitihana i uru ki roto ki aua wehewehenga. I te tau 1868 ka tu tetahi Kooti ki page 13Otautahi na kahore ia i whakaurua ki tetahi o na Rahui i whakataua e taua Kooti mo na Maori i Tawera me Orahaki. I te tau 1883 ka tuhituhi ia ki te Komihana o nga Whenua me te tono kia whakaurua tona ingoa ki roto i nga Rahui, heoi kihai te Komihana i whai kupu mo runga i tana tono.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

No te mea kua rongo au ki nga korero a te Make, kahore he kupu a te Komiti.