Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1884, No. 2.

[No. 264, Sess. II.—Petition of Hone Pihama and Another.]

No. 264, Sess. II.—Petition of Hone Pihama and Another.

Petitioners pray for an extension of their lease of land, granted to Hone Pihama, for a further term of twenty-one years from the 1st January, 1884.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the request of Hone Pihama for leave to extend his lease to the partnership, consisting of himself and Mr. Good, to a term of twenty-one years, from the 1st January, 1884, seems reasonable, and the Committee recommends the matter to the consideration of the Government. The Committee further records its opinion that, in the renewal lease, the Government should take care that there be no engagement as to compensation for improvements which would in any way imperil the value of the estate to Hone Pihama when the term has expired.

8 th October, 1884.

[Translation.]
No. 264, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hone Pihama me tet ahi atu.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaroangia atu te riihi o tetahi whenua i karatitia kia Hone Pihama mo nga tau e 21 me timata i te tahi o nga ra o Hanuere, 1884.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Ko te tono a Hone Pihama kia whakaroangia tana riihi i waenganui ia ia me Te Kuru mo nga tau e 21 timata i te 1 o Hanuere, 1884, e ahua tika ana a e tono ana te Komiti kia whakaarohia tenei mea e te Kawanatanga kua tino tuturu hoki nga whakaaro o te Komiti ki te whakaroangia te riihi e te Kawanatanga kia tupato kei whakauruhia etahi kupu utu mo nga whakapainga i te whenua e tau ai he raru whakaiti i nga utu o te whenua o Hone Pihama i te mutunga o te riihi.

8 Oketopa, 1884.