Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1884, No. 2.

[No. 44, Sess. II.—Petition of Stephen Thomas Brent.]

No. 44, Sess. II.—Petition of Stephen Thomas Brent.

Petitioner asks that £51, being part of £311 compensation agreed to, be paid to him for having to give up possession of a piece of land leased by him from the Natives, called the Pukeroa Recreation Reserve, which £51 was deducted on account of petitioner removing his cooking-stove, tanks, and fence from the land he had given up.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee is of opinion that the petitioner was entitled to the full amount of compensation agreed on for the buildings, namely, £311, and that no deduction should have been made for movables or other chattels not mentioned in the letter from the Government offering the compensation.

11th September, 1884.

[Translation.] No. 44, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tipene Tamati Pereniti.

E Inoi ana mo nga mom e £51 he wahi no nga moni e £311 i whakaritea kia utua ki aia mo tana tukunga i tetahi wahi whenua i rihitia e ia i nga Maori, ko te ingoa ko Pukeroa he Rahui Takarotanga, ko te tikanga i tangohia ai te £51 i te kai-pitihana no te mea i tangohia e ia te omu tunu kai me nga tunga wai, me nga taiepa i runga i te whenua i tukua nei e ia.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

E whakaaro ana te Komiti e tika ana kia utua katoatia nga moni e £311 ki te kai pitihana kahore hoki i tika kia tangohia etahi moni mo nga taonga kahore nei i whakahuatia i roto i te pukapuka a te Kawana.

11 Hepetema, 1884.