Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Report of the Native Affairs Committee, 1883.

[No. 184.—Petition of Te Hauehi Rangiheuea and 5 Others.]

No. 184.—Petition of Te Hauehi Rangiheuea and 5 Others.

Petitioners state that they belong to the Ngatihuri hapu, and are interested in the Waotu South Block, called also Waotu No. 2, adjudicated upon at Cambridge this year, and that the judgment was against them. They pray for an inquiry into the general administration of the Native Land Court.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That this matter is the subject of proceedings in the Supreme Court, and under the circumstances the Committee considers it undesirable to take evidence until those proceedings are settled.

24th July, 1883.

[Translation.]
No. 184.—Pukapuka-inoi a Te Hauehi Rangiiheuea me etahi atu e 5.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana ko Ngatihuri to ratou hapu a e whai take ana ratou ki te Poraka o Waotu ki te Tongo, e kiia ana ano ko Waotu No. 2, i whakawakia ki Kemureti i tenei tau a i hinga ratou. E inoi ana ratou kia tirotirohia nga mahi whakahaere a te Whenua Maori.

Kua whakahana ahau kia ki penei:—

Ko tenei mea kei te whakahaerea i roto i te Hupirimi Kooti, no reira ka mea te Komiti me kaua e tango korero i runga i tenei pitihana kia oti mai rano i te Hupirimi Kooti.

24 Hurae, 1883.