Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 354 of 1882.—Petition of Robert Graham (No. 4).]

No. 354 of 1882.—Petition of Robert Graham (No. 4).

Petitioner states that in July, 1881, a Land Court was held at Ohinemutu, when a certificate of title was ordered to Niramoana Puri for Utanga No. 9, and to Anatenui te Rapi for Utanga No. 2a; that petitioner held leases from the owners, bearing date 6th August and 31st October, 1881 respectively; that he applied to the Chief Judge to enter a memorandum upon the Court roll, but this was refused upon the ground that the Thermal-Springs Act had come into operation; that the petitioner has erected buildings to the value of £5,000, yet has no security.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, without pronouncing upon the validity of the lease referred to, or the equity of the case, the Committee recommends this petition to the consideration of the Government.

15th August, 1882.

[Translation.]
No. 354 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a Rapata Kereama (Nama 4).

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana no Hurae, 1881, ka tu te Kooti Whakawa Whenua Maori ki Ohinemutu, whakaputaina ana he Tiwhikete mo Utanga Nama 9 ki a Niramoana Puri, me te Tiwhikete mo Utanga Nama 2a ki a Anatenui te Rapi; na i te kai-pitihana ano nga riihi a nga tangata whaitake ki aua whenua i tuhia i te 6 o Akuhata me te 31 o Oketopa, 1881; tono ana ia ki te Tumuaki o nga Kaiwhakawa kia tuhia iho ki te rouru o te Kooti, kihai i whakaaetia ki ana hoki te Kai-whakawa kua tau te mana o te Ture Ngawha ki taua takiwa, kua tu hoki nga whare a te kai-pitihana kai taua whenua e tae ana ki te £5,000 te utu, na kua kore ana tikanga.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Kaore e whaikupu te Komiti mo runga i te tikanga o aua riihi, mo runga ranei i te tika o tenei putake; engari ka tukua atu e te Komiti ma te Kawanatanga e ata whakaaro.

15 Akuhata, 1882.