Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 249 of 1882.—Petition of Henare and D. T. Hanotu.]

No. 249 of 1882.—Petition of Henare and D. T. Hanotu.

Petitioners state that they are owners of land called One, at Waihopai, Southland, consisting of 176 acres; that it has been rendered useless to them by encroachment of sand, caused by rabbits, and that they have no other land. They further state that it is eight years since they were compelled to leave this reserve. They pray that they may receive another reserve in exchange for One.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the land referred to being useless, Government be recommended to take into favourable consideration the prayer of the petitioners.

1st August, 1882.

[Translation.]
No. 249 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a Henare me D. T. Hanotu.

E Ki ana nga-kaipitihana ko ratou nga tangata whaitake ki tetahi whenua ko te One te ingoa, ke, Waipopai, Waipounamu, e tae ana ki te 176 eka; kua kino katoa taua whenua i te mahi a nga rapetii kaore hoki a ratou whenua i tua atu i tenei. E ki ana hoki ratou kua tae ki te waru tau to ratou mahuetanga atu i taua whenua. E inoi ana ratou kia hoatu he rahui hou mo ratou hei whakakapi mo taua rahui i te One.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Kua kino rawa taua whenua, e tono ana te Komiti kia whakaarohia paitia e te Kawanatanga te inoi a nga kai-pitihana.

1 Akuhata, 1882.