Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 48 of 1882.—Petition of Ruta. Manuahura Tapsell.]

No. 48 of 1882.—Petition of Ruta. Manuahura Tapsell.

Petitioner states that in 1877 she had petitioned for land; that Captain Mair had been appointed to examine into her claim, and had advised that she should receive 75 acres; that she thought this award insufficient, and applied for more near Maketu; that Government had offered her 75 acres in the Waikato country, and that to this she strongly objects. Petitioner prays that she should receive either Waipahihi, or 150 acres at Maketu, or other compensation.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Government proposition to give 75 acres was liberal, and that it is the fault of the petitioner herself that she is not in possession. The Committee has no recommendation to make.

15th June, 1882.
page 2

[Translation.]
No. 48 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a Ruta Manuahura Tapihana.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana no te tau 1877 ka pitihana whenua ia; whakaturia ana ko Kapene Mea hei uiui i ona take; ki ana a Kapene Mea me hoatu kia 75 eka mana; i mahara te kai-pitihana he iti rawa era eka katahi ia ka tono kia homai kia nui atu he eka mana ki Maketu; i mea te Kawanatanga kia 75 eka mana ki Waikato, kanui tona whakahe ki tenei.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia hoatu ko Waipahihi mana, kia hoatu ranei kia 150 eka ki Maketu, kia hoatu ranei he whakaritenga ke atu.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

He tikanga ngawari tonu ta te Kawanatanga e mea nei ki te hoatu i te 75 eka, no te kai-pitihana tonu te he i kore ai ia e noho ki runga ki taua whenua. Kaore he kupu a te Komiti.

15 Hune, 1882.