Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1881.

[No. 307 of 1881.—Petition of Waata Piaka and 19 Others]

page 28

No. 307 of 1881.—Petition of Waata Piaka and 19 Others.

Petitioners state that the Land Court wrongfully divided Whakatahataha, and declined to place names in the certificate of title that ought to have been included. They say that the case was before the Court both in 1878 and in 1879. They ask for another hearing, that certain names may be included with their own.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That there was an informal application for a rehearing, but it was not so understood at the office in Auckland, and thus the time for granting a rehearing had lapsed. The Committee would recommend the case to the consideration of the Government.

12th September, 1881.

[Translation.]
No. 307 of 1881.—Pukapuka-inoi a Waata Piaka me etahi atu 19.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana i he to wehenga a te Kooti Whenua Maori i Whakatahataha, a, kaore hoki i whakaae ki etahi ingoa tika kia uru ki roto ki te Tiwhikete Whaitaketanga. E ki ana ratou i te aroaro o te Kooti taua whenua i te tau 1878 me te tau 1879. E tono ana ratou kia whakawakia tuaruatia taua whenua kia ahei te whakauru etahi atu ano ingoa ki roto.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

I te tononga kia whakawakia tuaruatia taua whenua kaore i tika te tono; engari kaore te Tari i Akarana i mohio he tono whakawa tuarua taua tono, na reira kua pahure i naianei te takiwa tika hei tono nga whakawa tuarua. E mea ana te Komiti ma te Kawanatanga e whiriwhiri te tikanga o taua whenua.

12 Hepetema, 1881.