Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1881.

[No. 33 of 1881.—Petition of Heta Hamuera and 7 Others]

No. 33 of 1881.—Petition of Heta Hamuera. and 7 Others.

The petitioners, referring to land at Whakatahataha, ask that their names be included with certain occupants in the Crown grant, and threaten that if their words are not considered they will take up arms against the people whose names are in the office at Auckland, and it is possible some one may be killed.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That this petition is couched in such language as precludes consideration by the House. The attention of honorable members should be called to the impropriety of presenting petitions containing threatening or other improper language.

8th July, 1881.

[Translation.]
No. 33 of 1881.—Pukapuka-inoi a Heta Hamuera me etahi atu e 7.

E whai kupu ana nga kai-pitihana mo tetahi whenua i Whakatahataha, e tono ana ratou kia whakaurua tahi o ratou me era o runga ano i te whenua ki roto ki te Karauna karaati, e ki ana ratou ki te kore e whakaarohia a ratou kupu tera ratou e mau pu ka whawhai ki nga tangata e noho ana o ratou ingoa i roto i to tari i Akarana, a tera pea e mate he tangata.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Na te reo o tenei pitihana i arai te whiriwhiri a te Whare. Na me whakamahara atu nga mema ki te kino o te tuku pitihana e noho ana i roto nga kupu whakawehiwehi nga kupu ke atu ranei e kino ana.

8 Hurae, 1881.