Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1881.

[No. 271 of 1881.—Petition of Wi Pere and 44 Others (No. 5]

No. 271 of 1881.—Petition of Wi Pere and 44 Others (No. 5).

Petitioners complain that there is no permanent Court sitting at Gisborne to settle and subdivide their claims. They pray for the establishment of a Registration of Stamps Office at Gisborne, to prevent the necessity now existing of sending all documents, at great expense and risk, to Auckland and Napier. They pray also for sittings of the Supreme Court at the same place.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee recommends that this petition be referred to the Government for early consideration.

18th August, 1881.

[Translation.]
No. 271 of 1881.—Pukapuka-inoi a Wi Pere me etahi atu 44 (Nama 5).

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kaore he Kooti tuturu e noho ana i Kihipane, hei whakatau i o ratou take me nga wehewehenga whenua. E inoi ana ratou kia whakaturia he Tari Rehita Pane Kuini ki Kihipane, kia mutu te tuku atu i nga pukapuka katoa ki Akarana me Nepia i te nui o te moni e pau ana me te wehi kei ngaro. E inoi ana hoki kia tu ano te Hupirimi Kooti ki taua takiwa.

page 17

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

E mea ana te Komiti me tuku atu tenei ki te Kawanatanga kia whakaarohia i naia tata nei.

18 Akuhata, 1881.