Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

No. 31, Session I.—Petition of Reihana Ikatahi

No. 31, Session I.—Petition of Reihana Ikatahi.

Petitioner, a native of Hawke's Bay, states that he is one of the grantees in a block of land called Raukawa East, and that he has good reason to believe that he has been defrauded of his right by means of a conveyance purporting to bear his signature, but which he never signed. The petitioner goes on to say that he has attempted, by means of a criminal information, to punish the persons who have injured him, but, owing to exceptional circumstances, which he sets forth, he has been unable to do so. He urges the House to consider that he is an old man, unable to bear the delays and Uncertainties of the law, and prays that such punishment may be inflicted on those who have injured him or his co-grantee, as may seem just.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee regret that the time at their disposal has not been sufficient to enable them to make such inquiries as would justify them in reporting an opinion on the subject-matter of this petition.

12th December 1879.