Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

[No. 186, Session II., 1879.—Petition of Arihi te Nahu.]

No. 186, Session II., 1879.—Petition of Arihi te Nahu.

The petitioner states that she is sad, sore, and depressed owing to the bad acts of her trustees, J. N. Wilson, Esq., solicitor, and Henry Russell, Esq., and prays that they may be overthrown, and that petitioner be allowed to look after her own interest, money, lands, and other things she may be seized of. She prays fervently and earnestly that they, the trustees, may be deposed.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That in the case of Arihi te Nahu no evidence whatever has been brought before the Committee to support the allegations of the petition; and further, that this case is before a Court of justice having competent jurisdiction; and therefore the Committee has no recommendation to make to the House.

13th November 1879.

[Translation.]
No. 186, Session II., 1879.—Pukapuka-inoi a Arihi te Nahu.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana kanui tona mamae, me tona pouri i runga i nga mahi kino a ona kai-tiaki a J. N. Wirihana roia me Henare Rata a e inoi ana ia kia turakina raua. E mea ana te kai-pitihana mana tonu e tiaki ona take, moni, whenua me etahi mea e pa ana ki a ia, na e tino inoi ana ia kia tino whakakorea aua kai-tiaki.

page 12

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Na i runga i te pitihana a Arihi te Nahu kihai he korero i whakatakotoria ki te aroaro o te Komiti hei tautoko i nga kupu o roto—a tetahi kei te aroaro ano o tetahi Kooti whakawa taua korero a e tino mana ana taua Kooti ki te whakahaere, no reira kaore he kupu tohutohu a te Komiti ki te whare.

13 Noema 1879.