Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

[No. 148, Session I.—Petition of Ruta te Manuahura Tapihana.]

No. 148, Session I.—Petition of Ruta te Manuahura Tapihana.

The petitioner states that, in accordance with the report of the Native Affairs Committee made in 1877, inquiry was made into her case by the Government, with a satisfactory result to the petitioner in so far as the inquiry was concerned, but that she has heard nothing further of it since. She prays that effect may be given to the report of the Committee.

page 7

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the attention of the Government be called to the recommendation made by the Native Affairs Committee on the 7th August, 1877, with a view to an immediate settlement.

24th October 1879.

Translation.
No. 148, Session I.—Pukapuka-inoi a Ruta te Manuahura Tapihana.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana na no runga i te kupu whiriwhiri a te Komiti mo nga mea Maori o te tau 1877, i tirotirohia e te Kawanatanga ona take, a, i pai te mutunga o taua tirotirohanga mo te taha ki a ia ki te kai-pitihana; engari mutu atu tona rongo i reira ra no. E inoi ana ia kia whakamanaia taua kupu whiriwhiri a te Komiti.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Kia whakamaharatia atu te Kawanatanga mo runga i taua kupu whakahau a te Komiti mo nga mea Maori i puta ra i te 7 o nga ra o Akuhata, 1877, kia whakaotia tere tonu taua mea.

Oketopa 24, 1879.